Understanding Your Options for Motor Home Insurance

An investment as costly as a motor home deserves to be protected with insurance. Most states require that you have at least liability coverage before taking your RV out on the road. At Fulginiti Insurance in Aston, PA, we’ll help you understand your RV coverage options so you can make good decisions in protecting your valuable investment.   

Coverage Options

When purchasing motor home insurance, consider how you will be using your vehicle. RV policies vary to suit each RV owner’s individual needs. Here are some of your coverage options:

  • Liability – Pennsylvania requires that you carry minimum liability coverage for your RV. This coverage helps cover the cost of injuries or property damage to other drivers if you cause an accident. As an RV accident can cause quite a bit of damage, you’ll probably want more than the minimum to protect you against serious mishaps on the road.
  • Collision – Collision insurance will help cover the cost of repairing your motor home if you crash into another vehicle or hit a fence, tree or wall. Ideally, your collision insurance should be enough to replace your RV in case it’s a total loss.
  • Uninsured Motorist (UM) – If you’re hit by someone who doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for your damages, UM coverage will kick in to save you from having to cover your repair costs out-of-pocket.
  • Personal Property – Property insurance compensates you for the loss of personal possessions such as dishes, clothing or electronics as you travel. If they’re stolen or destroyed in an accident, property coverage will help compensate you for your loss.

Customized RV Policy

You can customize your motor home insurance by selecting only the coverage you need. Talk to an agent from Fulginiti Insurance in Aston, PA, today for all your RV insurance needs.