Frequently Asked Questions by Our Customers in Aston, PA
I am moving from out of state. What do
I need to register my vehicle in Pennsylvania?
Car must be
present for VIN Verification
Out of state
** If the car is financed or leased, a title request must be
submitted to receive the title. Once the title is received at the office, then
the title work can be completed. **
Do you handle Driver's License
- Yes, we
post restoration fees instantly with our fees being additional
What do I need to bring in to do a PA title transfer?
- Both the buyer and seller need to be here with their valid driver's licenses
- Buyer's Proof of PA Insurance
- PA Title
- Bill of sale (if there is one)
- Mileage of vehicle
What does it cost to do a title transfer?
- Car: $202.00+ 6% sales tax on purchase price
- Truck: Depends on gross vehicle weight + 6% sales tax on purchase price
- Trailer: $185.00 + 6% sales tax on purchase price
What is required to do a boat title
- Title if
they have one and it has been titled before (if not, the registration
card) -Valid Driver's Licenses
Bill of sale
What do I need to get a notary and how much is it?
- VALID Driver's License, State ID, or Passport of the person signing, & the whole document, $5.00 per seal
What is a VIN? Where is it located?
- A Vehicle
Identification Number is a 17 digit number/letter combo that is assigned to the
vehicle, it is located on the driver's side front windshield
Can I order a Dup Driver's License
there? What is the cost?
- We print
Intermediate Driver's license cards that hold validity for 15 days. The
duplicate license will be mailed to the customers address within the 15 day
Can I renew my registration there? How
much is it? What do I need?
- Yes, bring
in valid driver's license, insurance card, & renewal slip or old registration
card, you will walk out with the new registration card & sticker same day
Cost: State fee +
$24.00 Aston Auto Tags fee
How do I get a duplicate registration card/sticker?
What do I need? How much is it?
- Bring in valid driver's license, &
some type of vehicle information (VIN, title #, or tag #) $31.00, walk out same
day with new card/sticker
How do I complete a title transfer
after someone passes away?
- Bring in the title
original short certificate or death certificate (if using death certificate,
informant & all surviving heirs must be present)
be present with valid driver's license & proof of PA Insurance
Bring in the
mileage of the vehicle
A bill of sale
How do I order a duplicate title? How
much is it?
- Standard service: 7-10 business days $76
Fast Service: 3 business days w/tracking
All owners must be present with valid
driver's license or state ID
Out of state residents who lost PA title need
to bring in 2 proofs of out of state residency
Can I order a birth certificate
through you? How much is it?
- Yes, it
takes 6-8 weeks and it is $50
Can I renew my driver's license there?
How much is it?
bring in your old license, and we will print out camera card instantly
Camera cards allow for customers
to go to photo center for picture
Do you do launch permits? How much is it?
- Yes, we have 1 or 2 year permits, bring in the haul#, valid driver's license, year, make, & model
- 1 year permit= $10 + our fee of $30
- 2 year permit= $18 + our fee of $30